Xenospore 1.1 is finally here!
It’s been a long road (getting from there to here 😉) – About 9 Months to be exact! Wow, time flies…
Since I changed quite a lot and slightly edited some of the previous levels, I decided it would be best not to support older saves. Sorry…
If you enjoyd the game please consider letting me know by rating it – I read all the reviews and it really means a lot! Thank you!
Click here to play Xenospore 1.1
- Quick Actions
- Fast turns
- Threats System
- Added 15 New levels
- Added new 12 tiles
- Graphical Improvements
- Safe Islands are greyed out
- New mechanics and features
- More options
- Major QoL improvements
- Some bug fixes
- Ocean. Has a max corruption level of 6. Cannot be destroyed.
- Metropolis – Populated tile. Has a max corruption level of 6.
- Power Plant – Evolves into Spore Spire.
- Extractor – Explosive.
- Refiner – Explosive, Longer Range.
- Xeno Research Facility – Explosive, even longer range.
- Amplifier – only one can be active at a time, protects nearby tiles and facilities.
- Spore Spire – infects adjacent tiles in a radius of 2 tiles.
- Disruptor – separates the selection of adjacent tiles.
- Purifier – cleanses all tiles around it (with the exception of Xenospore type tiles).
- Road – With 3 Variations.
- Farm – looks cool, replaces ruins.
QoL and Improvements
- You can now cleanse / destroy by selecting tiles then clicking the right mouse button. –OR– By simply hovering over a tile group and right clicking to select and cleanse / destroy (depending on the tiles), simultaneously.
- Player no longer needs to manually destroy populated tiles that are close to spore arms. When spore arms emerge, adjacent populated tiles and facilities are destroyed.
- Islands and populated tiles that are totally separated from the Xenospore now become grayed out and cannot be acted upon.
- When selecting tiles, threatening Xenospore tiles are highlighted, and vice versa.
- The game will automatically skip turns if the player has no valid actions (only when indestructible tiles such as ocean are present)
- Max possible corruption on a tile increased to 6.
- If the player did not select fast turns, tiles will now evolve one by one.
- Infection now always starts at the source and spreads outwards.
- Randomized the order in which tiles fester.
- Hovering over the populated tiles remaining indicator while tiles are not selected will highlight all populated tiles, making it easier to navigate more complex levels.
- Populated tiles will now blink and animate at the beginning of the turn.
- Populated tiles that will be destroyed next turn now always blink.
- Current “health” now blinks and pulses when the amount is changed.
- Renamed House to Village, Fort to Town, Heights to Hills, Mountains to Mountain, Mycelium to Blight.
- Levels are now automatically centered.
- New Feature – Explosive tiles: when fully corrupted, instantly converts all the surrounding tiles in range to Blight.
- New Feature – Always infected tiles.
- New Feature – Singular Tiles (only on can be selected).
- New Feature – Seperation – only tiles in the seperation range can be acted upon, or tiles outside of it.
- New tile type – Facility: can be cleansed but does not affect the score.
- New tile type – Activation: only one can be active at a given time.
- Added comparison to previous save (high score) in the level score screen – you can now see how much you improved or the opposite.
- Added “Perfect!” text when all populated tiles are saved after a level is completed.
- Added color to levels in level selection.
- Added info tags next to the tile’s information when hovering over tiles.
- Added option for Camera Zoom Out.
- Added option to change the intensity of the background color.
- Added a background color to the player (turned off by default).
- Added an option for full screen in the settings.
- Added an option for fast turns in the settings.
- Added an option to hide highlights (red outlines around tiles that are in danger of infection) unless selecting tiles.
- Added text for which action the Xenospore is currently doing (Contagion, Festering, Emergence).
- Added a custom cursor.
- Improved the graphics of all tiles.
- Improved corruption level indicator graphics (the red blobs on the tiles).
- Improved the tile outlines.
- Improved mobile experience.
- Improved some levels.
- Improved the Icon’s visuals.
- Made the tile fade in and fade out animations faster.
- Made tile outlines more discernible and fit to the tile’s animations.
- Made the levels transition faster.
- Made the CRT scanlines smaller.
- Made the scrollbar and grabber in the levels menu taller.
- Made transitions and animations faster.
- Made the gaps when showing a number out of max number narrower (i.e houses saved in the levels menu).
- Changed some populated tile texts.
- Changed the cleanse effect color.
- Changed the Ruins tile to a Farm tile.
- Changed player tile destruction color – the explosion now has the color of the tiles that were destroyed, making it a bit easier to understand what’s going on and acts as a sort of confirmation on the action.
- Changed the save file location folder name to Xenospore (the save will no longer be under “Godot”).
- Removed some explosion sounds.
- Removed some unnecessary tiles in some levels.
- Removed color options. Note: Unfortunately it was not possible to keep supporting these due to the amount of new content and the changes I made.
- Fixed a bug in which the game would save a worse score if only the number of turns changed.
- Fixed a bug in which if you start the turn with the mouse over a tile, the tile does not become hovered, making it seem like it is not clickable.
- Fixed a bug in which animations would all play simultaneously after restarting or passing a level.
- Fixed a bug in which you could select tiles (but not act upon them) while the level is ending.
- Fixed a rare bug in which the game waited too long between turns.
- Screenshake no longer causes a connected controller to shake.
- Fixed a bug in which the current level was not focused on screen in the levels menu.
- Fixed “health” ui showing last level’s health while the new level is starting.
- Fixed some tile and ui graphics.
- You can no longer select tiles with the mouse wheel.
- Huge refactor of the entire code base which admittedly was a bit messy. It’s still not as neat as I’d like it to be but it has improved alot.
- In very rare cases, tiles remain hovered (yellow outlines) when nothing is hovered. The tile indicator works properly. This is not game breaking. I’m currently looking into this issue.
- The option for Fast Turns may cause tiny FPS drops.
- Touch Screens: scrolling levels with touch screens changes to a level after dragging, unless the bar is used.
- Touch Screens: selecting a level will cause both hover and selection sound to play.
If you find any issues / bugs, I will really appreciate it if you let me know 🙂
Source: Indie DB