Today’s the day! Dr. Kobushi’s Labyrinthine Laboratory® is now available on Itch.io and Steam for Windows, Mac and Linux!
Hi! We’re in Japan at the 2022 Tokyo Game Show’s Indie Exhibit, and we’re so excited to be releasing Dr. Kobushi’s Labyrinthine Laboratory today on Steam for Windows, Mac and Linux!!
Dr. Kobushi’s Labyrinthine Laboratory is a puzzle game that has been described as “a combination between Pac-Man and chess”. Guide the adventurous Ayla as she attempts to rescue her dog, Falafel, from the confines of a mysterious towering laboratory deep within a solitary forest. Dr. Kobushi’s Labyrinthine Laboratory combines puzzle and strategy elements with an engaging storyline full of memorable characters and biting humor.
- “Deeply complex, challenging puzzles, real head-scratchers… I’m thrilled by the presentation, the writing, the challenge, the music, the characterization, everything… keep an eye out for this one.” — 2 Left Thumbs
- “Not even ten levels! God damn! Yo Nadim, chill! My dude; chill!” — WoolieVersus
Some cool features
- Over 100 puzzles: Can you beat Dr. Kobushi’s tower? Over 100 thought-provoking puzzles will challenge your creativity and insight.
- Meet new frenemies: Anton, Maurice, Janine and Clowes are the Puppet Panics, a gang of robotic puppets created by Dr. Kobushi to surveil his tower. Get to know them, solve their puzzles and show them who’s boss!
- Innovative and classic mechanics: Puzzles mix innovative mechanics, such as entangled blocks, with four different types of robot enemies as well as classic dungeon mechanics you’ve come to know from, for example, the Zelda series.
- Challenging for adults, accessible for kids: Dr. Kobushi’s Labyrinthine Laboratory offers highly challenging puzzles even for puzzle game veterans, while adopting a style that makes it great for younger players (who might appreciate receiving puzzle hints from older friends or family members!)
- Original chiptune soundtrack by Fearofdark!
Follow our launch event at the 2022 Tokyo Game Show’s Indie Exhibit!
We’ll be presenting Dr. Kobushi’s Labyrinthine Laboratory at the 2022 Tokyo Game Show on September 16 and 17! Follow us on Twitter to stay up to date, or just come meet us if you happen to be in the area!
Download exclusive launch wallpapers!
Check out the cool wallpapers we’ve created to celebrate the launch, featuring Ayla, Falafel, the Puppet Panics and Dr. Kobushi!