I’ve just uploaded the first release for my hard sci-fi RPG Perihelion. This is an introduction to the game, everything you need to create a character, and a butt-load of setting material in the sidebars.
Perihelion is a science fiction tabletop RPG set at the end of the 21st century, where you play oppressed, marginalised, and disillusioned citizens living in a socially divided but ultraconnected society.
The Earth is a dying remnant of the climate crisis, left to burn by the richest 1% who now live a life of luxury in vast space stations floating at Earth’s stable Lagrange Points. Mars is a wild frontier colonised by scientists and corporations and torn apart by factional warfare. You are anarchists, survivors, rebels, hacktivists, and high-tech radicals, fighting for social justice in an unjust world.
The Character Creation rules are a (free) 85-page protected PDF featuring full-colour CC, licensed and AI-generated art. Inside you’ll find:
- 19 pages introducing the game and setting, including a timeline of events up to 2098
- 13 pages explaining the process of creating a character
- 12 pages of Careers
- 10 pages of lifepath tables
- 16 pages of Skills and Edges
- 4 pages explaining how to put a Crew together
- 3 pages explaining PC and Crew advancement
- Credits & Art Attribution
Thanks for reading! Now on with the rest of the rulebook!