At the end of The Heretic, we introduce Morgan, a VFX-based character created with the help of Visual Effect Graph. Now we’re releasing it as a project on the Unity Asset Store, so you can see for yourselves how we have approached the design of this complex character, and manipulate it directly in the Unity Editor.
Play around with the VFX Graph, you’re free to give the design your own twist. Here’s what you can do with the package:
- VFX morphing: morph the effects covering Morgan.
- Shape morphing: morph the underlying skinned mesh between female and male shapes.
- Appearance tweaks: other elements of Morgan’s visual appearance, including how close the particles stick to the mesh.
- Fire: adds an extra layer of intensity.
- Crumble: several ways to make Morgan disintegrate into pieces.
- Debug: each feature has debug options.
Each of the features mentioned above has several customization options exposed in Morgan’s Inspector. In total, that means that there are over 300 parameters that you can tweak in real-time to achieve a wide variety of results.
Requirements for the VFX Character package:
- Intel i7 6th Generation or equivalent
- nVIDIA GeForce 1080 or equivalent
- 4GB Ram
Download it from Asset Store: http://u3d.as/1SAV (467 MB)
Download it from GitHub: https://on.unity.com/2zWNay4
We’re excited to see your own take on Morgan, and how far you can take the VFX Graph with this character, as well as how you will use it for your own projects.
Learn more about the project on The Heretic website. We’re working on further releases, blog posts, presentations, and video breakdowns, and will be adding all the extra resources there.
Source: Unity Technologies Blog