Hey Everyone, we released our little city builder game recently and wanted to share it here.
In it you can create a flourishing little mouse colony, by managing mouse behaviour and crafting several buildings. If you do a mice… err nice job, they will build you a monument.We wanted to keep our scope very minimal, as this game was created for a game jam situation.
You can check it out here on the itch-site: The Mice Guys
Here’s a little video showcasing the gameplay:
HOW TO PLAY:
- Place Buildings on grass-less patches, by dragging them from the menu bar on the right onto your play-area. Start with the trees/wood.
- Mice gather resources from structures you build and by interacting/bumping into each other
- Gather the necessary resources to build more structures and upgrade your mice
- You can change their role anytime aslong as you have apples and enough happiness/solidarity
- Different mice collect different resources and behave differently, so choose wisely which roles you assign.
You need to assign different behaviours/skins to the mice (you find these in the right corner of the menu, just drag them onto any mouse on the play-area)
|The strong mouse with the blue shirt||collects building materials like wood, stone|
|The lover mouse with the heart||well lets say they sometimes let your population grow 😉|
|Normal mice||collect food, so be careful of how many mice you change to strong-mice or lovers|
When mice bump into each other they interact and combine items. For example: two times wood makes fire, with fire you can build more houses, etc.
We also fixed the dragging-bug in v0.6 and you can now easily end the game by pressing Escape.
Hope you have fun and let us know what you think.
Best wishes from Berlin.