By: Rémi Verschelde Mar 05, 2020
Time flies and it’s already close to two weeks since our first release candidate for the upcoming Godot 3.2.1, which will be a maintenance update focusing on bug fixes for Godot 3.2 users.
I planned to have 3.2.1-stable already released by now, but I was sidetracked by the refactoring work which is happening in the
master branch for Godot 4.0 🙂
Since RC 1, a couple regressions have been fixed, and a few additional bug fixes, documentation updates and usability enhancements have been included. We now publish Godot 3.2.1 RC 2 to validate those additional changes. 53 new commits have been cherry-picked to the
3.2 branch, for a total of 171 commits since the
There are no huge changes planned in this release, but mostly a focus on fixing some blocking regressions and important bugs, such as:
- Android: Fix double tap pressed event regression (GH-35701).
- Android: Fix LineEdit virtual keyboard inputs (GH-35785).
- Bullet: Fix detection of concave shape in Area (GH-33690).
- Camera2D: Fix inverted use of Camera2D.offset_v (GH-36689).
- Debugger: Fix crash inspecting freed objects (GH-36532).
- Expression: Fix parsing integers as 32-bit (GH-36529).
- HTML5: Fix
- HTML5: Fix touch events support with Emscripten 1.39.5+ (GH-36557).
- Particles: Fix undefined behavior with atan in GPU Particles (GH-36031).
- Skin: Add support for named binds (GH-36415).
- TileSet: Hide TileSet properties from Inspector, fixing OOM crash on huge tilesets (GH-35908).
- Video: Workaround WebM playback bug after AudioServer latency fixes (GH-35993).
- Windows: Fix UPNP regression after upstream update (GH-35953).
- Windows: Disable NetSocket address reuse (GH-36321).
- Lots of documentation updates and UX improvements.
See the full changelog on GitHub for details.
Some new/improved features are planned further down the road for the 3.2.x releases, but the focus for 3.2.1 is on stability and fixing regressions.
The download links are not featured on the Download page for now to avoid confusion for new users. Instead, browse one of our download repository and fetch the editor binary that matches your platform:
- Classical build (GDScript, GDNative, VisualScript).
- Mono build (C# support + all the above). You need to have MSBuild (and on Windows .NET Framework 4.7 installed to use the Mono build. Relevant parts of Mono 188.8.131.52 are included in this build.
As a tester, you are encouraged to open bug reports if you experience issues with 3.2.1 RC 2. Please check first the existing issues on GitHub, using the search function with relevant keywords, to ensure that the bug you experience is not known already.
In particular, any change that would cause a regression in your projects is very important to report (e.g. if something that worked fine in 3.1.x or 3.2 no longer works in 3.2.1 RC 2).
Source: Godot Engine Official